I wasn't going to blog Halloween, but then figured why not. I have mixed feelings towards halloween. I don't really like it, but then I ended up dressing up, making ghosts to pass out and semi decorated the house. It really is very silly, no real meaning,a waste of time and money. I think the main thing I don't like about it, is all the scary costumes, blood and gore. At the elementary school they send home a note that says, no masks, blood etc. Then half of the kids are beyond scary. If everyone was a princess or a lady bug, it would all be good. Our ward hosted a trunk or treat, which we had fun at. The teens sat in the back of the car and passed out treats. For actual Halloween, we just hung out in the basement as a family, with the lights out upstairs. I debated passing out candy, but then decided I wanted to be with the family on a Sunday evening.
We went to the Temple on Saturday morning and brought home Krispy Kreme Doughnut.(Our tradition) I thought the box was very cute.
Rachel was Ferb (Phineas and Ferb) Joel was a FB player, Preston Jake was a Basketball player, Heather was a 50's girl, Wesley was Baljeet at school (from Phineas and Ferb) and a baseball player, Abby was a lady bug.
4 comments:
I'm with you on everything about Halloween. Your cute decorations will last all of November, though----very pretty.
I feel the same way about Halloween. It's hard to extract much meaning from it, other than it's fun to dress up (in innocent costumes) and decorate a little. Which I actually didn't even do this year (decorate.) I really just never got around to it. Your decorations are cute though and like mom said, they will last for another month.
Your kids are so cute and I love how your teenagers are such good sports about everything.
It's a bummer that Joel got hurt so soon in the football season. Those crazy collar bones! It's really not slowing Mae down much but she's not the school football star!
You make such a cute cowgirl! That's fun that you and Mark dressed up. I feel the same way about Halloween, it's a strange holiday and I don't like the way people take it to extremes with the scare factor and immodest costumes. The only good thing is Reese's peanut butter cups! Which there never seems to be enough of! :)
Just caught up on your last few posts. I am way behind (in everything). I feel the same way about Halloween, Rachel is so lovely and I can't believe that you have a senior, LOVE the flour/sugar containers, Abby is funny, and I so hear you about the weight thing.
Post a Comment