Sunday, November 14, 2010

Summer Project #1

We had a busy summer with some outdoor projects. The first one I'll share is our garden. I did planter boxes for the first time and love them. I had a great garden and was proud of myself for a few reasons. I usually buy the plants already started and this year I did mostly seeds. It was so amazing watching them grow. I planted more than I usually do, even trying broccoli, carrots, bush beans and melons. (All I've never tried) Loved going out and watching things grow, picking produce and talking to my plants. I also have been working on my personal progress and that was my Faith project. I'm excited to plan ahead for next year,make a few changes and have a great garden.

Their is a not so flattering picture of me working like a dog. The guys at Lowe's told me which screws to buy. They were wrong. It was SO hard. When I went back, I got different ones and they popped right in. Notice what the area looked like before we put the planter boxes in. A mess! We had to do a lot of prep work to clean it up and make it level.

1 comment:

Brigette said...

OOOOH! Diane - these pictures are so exciting! Gardening was a big FLOP for us here in Seattle this year -- very few things grow like I'm used to in all the climates I'm used to living in! SO we're missing our big garden in Greeley! Beautiful results for you - I always think of President Hinckley when it comes to gardening - being out there working with the earth and helping things get started and then seeing the amazing results -- a little bit of Heaven on Earth -- a perfect time to ponder...!