I've been gone for 3 weeks and have a ton to post. We'll start with girls camp and then maybe each day I will add something new.
I was asked to go to stake girls camp as a stake leader with my YW sports calling. I stayed with our ward to help out, but mostly to be with Rachel. She is amazing and was so sweet to always make sure her Mom was not alone. I was a little skeptical, but had a great time. First time going since I was a youth and voted "grumpiest camper". I even told Mark that if our ward didn't have a camp director next year, I would be willing to do it. Our Primary President was our ward leader, and I don't think she's signed up for another year. She was the leader the past few years, before her new calling, but was a sport to go. I ran the Volleyball class each day and then hung out with Rachel in her classes when I didn't have a responsibility. Then the last full day the fourth year girls went river rafting and I was able to go. It was a lot of hard work, but we had a great time. What a thrill. The river was the highest it's been all year, so the guides were so pumped up and it was a great day. A few times I thought we would flip or fall out, but we all managed to stay in the raft. I was one of the lucky ones to sit in the front, so I was soaked. Here are a few pictures before and after. Camp was great and it was all because I was with my daughter.
2 comments:
are you saying you - were voted grumpiest camper as a YW? I can't believe you would be voted the grumpiest anything! Sweet pictures - sweet journal entry - sweet really really tall daughter!!!
How cute. Girls Camp was always my favorite. Mom even came once or twice when she was in the Stake YW and that was fun. Thanks for all the fun posts and photos - you're doing great with the new camera!
Eva randomly said "Babby" the other day. I think she was reminiscing on her good times with cute little Abby. We loved seeing you guys!
Post a Comment