Sunday, June 22, 2008

HOT DOG turns 6








Wesley had his 6th Birthday on Friday. He started the morning with opening a few gifts and then he and Dad had a 7:20 T-time. For his special day, they used a CART. That's a big deal around here, because they always walk. He got a new bag for his clubs, a new glove, and a new hat, so he was good to go. When they got home, we had breakfast, which he chose crepes. At noon we went with some close friends to the pool and swam for over 4 hours. After the pool I thought we'd all run into Wal-mart (which is right across the street from the pool) to buy a cake. They didn't have very many choices, so he chose the cupcakes that looked like a watermelon. The frosting was a nightmare. I think I'll find it around the house for weeks. The boys went fishing until it started hailing, so that was cut short. For dinner we had pizza and then they stayed up to watch "camp rock" on Disney with all the movie treats. Most of the kids weren't impressed with the movie and I really didn't watch much myself. I think he had a great day. I was told not to throw a surprise party, which I did last year and he still is mad at me for that. When he's 25 he'll probably say, I'm still mad about my 5th birthday party. To warn his future wife, No surprises!

3 comments:

Brigette said...

Happy Birthday Wes! From Kaiya - what a sweet kid-do - I still remember when he was just born...why did he not like the surprise party?

Kelly said...

How fun! You made it such a special day. That's funny that he didn't like the surprise - and yes he probably will still bug you about it when he's older :)

As for that frosting - our ambitious sisters are always making very cute cakes with that very potently colorful frosting and I'm learning the mess might not be worth it :)

Logan and Ashley said...

I can't believe that he is six. I remember being a newly wed and you just having him. Man time flies. He looks like he had so much fun. Birthdays are so great when you are young!