Monday, May 19, 2008

Spoiled Rotten





I know Mother's day was a week ago, but I've been a little busy. Mark and the kids spoiled me, again. I had the perfect breakfast in bed, and then we were like Grandpa Joe and Grandma Georgina on Willy Wonka and had all eight of us in my bed, four at the head of the bed and four at the foot of the bed. Good thing we have a king sleigh bed. It was fun for a few minutes while I opened and read all the cards and crafts they made. Then we all went downstairs to eat the rest of breakfast. A few of the kids and I were actually late for church, which hasn't happened in years. I think we just enjoyed laying around and forgot to get ready. We made it during the opening song, so not that late, but late, nonetheless. Then Mark came home about an hour after church, and never went back. It was so nice. While I was enjoying my nap, he made salmon, artichokes(my ultimate favorite thing in the whole world), yummy garlic and onion potatoes and broccoli. Then for dessert, the best chocolate cake. You could only eat a sliver before you were stuffed, so we enjoyed it for a few days. It is sure nice to be spoiled once and awhile. I love my family.(even when I'm not being waited on hand and foot)

2 comments:

Brigette said...

So - nice! And I thought I was the only one in the world who liked artichokes!! They're actually my favorite of all favorites! How do you have them? I like them best steamed and then dip the meat of the leaves in lemon butter - and of course the heart is the best! Wow - fun to learn new stuff about your friends! It is fun to be spoiled once in a while - a great day for you -- thank you for sharing!

Logan and Ashley said...

Wow you were spoiled. How sweet. I love it that all the kids were in the bed with you!