Saturday, May 24, 2008

Abby Cakes turns 3







Wednesday was Abby's 3rd birthday and we had a little party for her. The big kids wanted her to go to Chuck E. Cheeses with her little friends, but these are the kids in my nursery and I could just see them walking up to a game, putting a token in, and walking away. Not until they appreciate the token would I fork over that amount for a party. It was great because the day before was the last day of school, so I had all my big helpers here during the party. We had pizza, goldfish crackers, fruit snacks, apples and juice for lunch and then after presents, we had cupcakes and ice cream. They all just wandered doing their own thing. Abby wanted to play dress-up, but I think was the only one who did. They played on the swings, slide and jumped on the tramp, and all had a good time. Abby, Wes and I were walking thru Target weeks ago and ran across this Sesame Street character named Abby Cadabby, and since it had her name on it and was pink, we had to buy the invitations, thank you's,plates, napkins, etc and use it for her party, even if we are not very familiar with her. We bought it way too long before the party and I'm surprised it wasn't completely ruined before the party. She wanted to carry it around wherever she'd go and set the places all day. I tried my best to hide it, but somehow it was always found. She was so excited for MAY 21st and we all were equally excited for her.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

What a big girl! She is so cute. Happy Birthday Abby!

Brigette said...

ok - these pictures made me feel very sad and terribly homesick! But Happy Birthday Abby-cakes! Love Megan...

Liz said...

Abby we love you!!!! Chad wanted to tell you he's excited to see you soon! And you're the best sister ever for Wes! He's sitting with me and keeps telling me how cute Abby is! How fun to have found those Abby Cadabby things! Oh, we should live by eachother!!!

Logan and Ashley said...

I love little kid birthday parties. They do just wander around and do their own thing. There doesn't have to be organized activity yet!! Happy birthday!!