




I found these two beautiful eggs the other day and was so excited for my new Easter Decorations. Small and Simple things sure make me happy.
We went to the Country Club for their annual Egg Hunt, our first time going. The kids had a fun time and got a head start on the treats. When we got in the car I made the comment, "Wasn't it fun that the Easter bunny was there?". Then Wesley said , "Mom, he wasn't the real Easter Bunny, he had a tattoo." Funny to think that you can see a tattoo in a full body, furry suit?
We dyed 72 eggs and I think the kids ate 18 of them while they were working. It's interesting that a few of the kids just eat the egg white and throw the yolk out. They ate them with our Easter dinner tonight, and I made deviled eggs for the first time.
The picture of the bunny rolls are what I grew up having for Easter Sunday. I try to follow that fun tradition, but don't compare to my Mother. She made them so cute, but my kids are sweet and loved them anyway. They tasted yummy, so I guess that's all that matters. I guess practice makes perfect.
5 comments:
I do beg to disagree--yours are every bit as cute and I'm glad they turned out! MaryAnn made some too for our Easter dinner--didn't decorate them, but they were also cute. Was the dough good after all?????
Love you, Mom
The dough was perfect. I'm always worried things won't turn out.
Looks like a great weekend!
So fun! Today Dad said to me "Why doesn't anyone dye Easter eggs anymore? Are they too expensive?" I told him he was living with the wrong family since Eva's not really at an age where dying eggs would be fun (for us anyway :) ) I thought it was a cute comment though. I need to make him some hard boiled eggs.
Your bunnies turned out great! They are harder to shape than I thought. Me and MA did them a year or 2 ago and she was a much better shaper than me.
They look delicious! We only dyed 6 eggs this year! We're pitiful, but we didn't want to have more than we needed for breakfast the next morning! I need to do a blog of our Easter breakfast as well. I love keeping the tradition! Your decorations are darling !!!!
Post a Comment