Saturday, April 2, 2011

Better than Jimmer

I've had so many Jimmer posts that I feel a little crazy- like our priorities are out of whack. There are many people out there that we admire WAY more than J. One high on our list is REX! We are so excited that Elder Morgan is home from his Russian mission. He is like family to us and we think the world of him and his family. What a great example he is to each of us. He is so well rounded; the nicest guy you'll meet. He was a little jet lagged and possibly culture shocked, but was sporting his great smile and you wouldn't know he was exhausted. (his flight got in around midnight & he's been traveling for days!) We wish he'd stick around awhile, but he's off to the Y where he is on the football team. You'll see posts of BYU football now, when that season starts. We pick Rex over Jimmer, all day long.

We've heard stories of what a great missionary he was, but I know we don't know half of it! He's a humble guy and I'm sure affected the lives of hundreds, if not more. He certainly has made our lives better. Thanks for the great example of missionary work!

Now we are just waiting for the Grandparents to come home from Armenia in 49 days!! When I grow up, I want to go on a mission! We have so many great examples!



2 comments:

Ryan Cox said...

I love this post! I love seeing these pictures, I am so happy for the Morgan's and that Natalie has one of her missionaries back. Your words are so sweet and heartfelt, it's huge the example he is to others. You know what? I was just talking to Josh about how thankful I am for your children's example in my children's lives. Good examples are priceless, namely you. Thanks for sharing!

blunckfamily said...

We are so thankful for all of the Morgans and their great influence on the Marions!!! Fabulous sign in Russian for Sterashna Morgan. This will be a familiar sight for many years to come for all the Elder Marions and maybe even some Sister Marions.