Sunday, March 20, 2011

Example

Of course I think all of our children are amazing. Sure, we have our moments with fighting, messes (most of the time) all of that good stuff. Twice lately I have found Abby reading, and marking her scriptures. The first time it was after 9pm and she was in the hall with the light on with and her siblings were all in bed. The second time was just in the middle of the day and she was in her room. In primary they have a scripture worm that they fill in after reading a chapter. She is determined to get it filled. She marks each verse with her pen. Thank goodness for less expensive scriptures.

3 comments:

Liz said...

What a sweet example Miss Abby is!!! I need to show this to my kiddos tomorrow! Can't wait to see you all in TWO MONTHS!!!

blunckfamily said...

I'm so thankful for well-rounded grandkiddies. Not ONLY beautiful, not ONLY athletic, not ONLY smart and spiritual----but everything good. And great parents.

Ryan Cox said...

ok, this just might be my most favorite post, EVER! Seriously, love that she is determined to read her scriptures. What a wonderful example. I always buy my kids the inexpensive scriptures first so they can make them their own with no stress.
I forgot to tell you that last week when she was here, I was taking the trash out so I pulled the trash bag out of the can and without a word, she pulled a trash bag from the bottom of the trash can and proceeded to put a clean liner in for me. LOVE that Abby CAkes.