Tuesday, October 19, 2010

If I write it down, then I'm committed

I have been contemplating my weight. I was going to "sign up" for a "diet" of sorts. Then after some research, I've decided to cut out sugar and bread from my diet and see what happens. I'm told that belly fat comes from those friends of mine. I will likely have a headache and withdrawals of some sort, but I'm going to give it a try. Please don't show up with frosted sugar cookies, pumpkins bars (that I just posted on my food blog), brownie sundaes or anything that would tempt me. I'm not committing to a certain time, but as long as I can stand it. If the results are noticeable, I will keep at it.

I feel I need to write an explanation. I think my ideal weight should be 130. The scales have been saying 143 (my highest) Thirteen pounds is a lot of extra. I still am a size 6, but need to concentrate on the belly fat, as I like to call it. I think that will hopefully be booty fat as well. I don't feel FAT, I just need to be smart and not eat cookies, cakes and ice cream like I use to when I was 25. I'm still eating, don't you worry about that! I'm just hitting the age where I have to be smarter with my choices.

8 comments:

Karin Webb said...

Oh my heck DiDi, you are gorgeous and do not need to lose weight. But if it works, let me know cuz I could use it too! But I still want to make those pumpkin bars.

Liz said...

Seriously! You probably won't need to do it long, because you don't have anything to lose!!! My sister-in-law, Tricia, has gone off of sooo many things because of Allergies and she feels amazing! She says that cutting out gluten makes such a difference! Let me know how it goes!

Ryan Cox said...

I have no doubt that you will accomplish what you want to, you're just that kind of person!

Shannon said...

You have always been so skinny! I don't believe you have a single pound to loose. Good luck. Sugar is my BFF!

blunckfamily said...

I could never cut out bread, but I do eliminate butter on top. I want to lose my belly fat (which is significantly more than you'll ever have--skinny girl!) but I'll probably just do it before we come home, as if anyone would notice. I have a friend who swears by pure lard, and coconut oil as health food. Different strokes!
Armenians, and Armenian missionaries probably eat more candy per capita than anyone else in the world. Chocolate. Never give up chocolate!!!!

terra said...

I feel your pain. Since having my last two girls and in two short years of each other I have not been able to lose any weight that I gained from the two of them. Rye and I are working our buts off and have been doing so well. Then a weekend will come around where there is a birthday or something and then the downworld spiral begins.
I read this article about 4 months ago in womens world. It was called the Cheerio diet. YOu eat Cheerios for breakfast and lunch, small healthy snacks inbetween and then a healthy low calorie dinner. Which is the hardest part. I haate having to cook two meals.
But the first week I did it I lost 7 pounds in one week. I also was getting in some walks and a few runs.
They might have an article about it online.
Anyway I am starting it again full force here on monday as the 10 pounds I have lost over the last few months I totally gained back in the last few weeks.
Anyway good luck. I am ready also for my jeans to fit properly and the belly fat to not be hanging over top!!!!!!

Tanalyn said...

Maybe we should all get a competition going.....first one to lose 10 pounds or lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving.....maybe it would make me push my limits a little bit more!

Shannon said...

I love your added explanation! I think once you hit 30 that fast Bell metabolism seems to slow a little (at least I've notice it!) My new love = ZUMBA!! Find a great teacher and go. It is the best workout for the belly, hips, butt, love handle area. And SO much fun. Especially for you boogying Bluncks!