Last night I had the privilege of attending a fireside with Mark, Joel and Jake with Brother Beck, the General YM President and his wife. It was wonderful. They did such a great job talking to the boys about their Duty to God and becoming full time Missionaries. It was a very interactive meeting, with lots of Young Men from the congregation coming up to participate. Sister(Robin)Beck spoke on how Heavenly Father knows each of us by name. She had all the young men stand and sing the first verse to I am a child of God. Then had the boys talk about why it is important for them and us to know that we are children of God. She ended by saying each day think of how you great you can be. She gave everyone a sticker and said to put it where it can remind you and help you make the right decisions. Joel put his on the back of his cell phone, which I think it a great place. I put mine on my rear view mirror since I'm in the car ALL the time, and the kids can see it as well. I also added it to my blog, since I enjoy being on here!
Brother Beck reminded us of what President Monson talked about in his opening remarks in General Conference. "First, to young men of the Aaronic Priesthood and to you young men who are becoming elders: I repeat what prophets have long taught—that every worthy, able young man should prepare to serve a mission. Missionary service is a priesthood duty—an obligation the Lord expects of us who have been given so very much. Young men, I admonish you to prepare for service as a missionary. Keep yourselves clean and pure and worthy to represent the Lord. Maintain your health and strength. Study the scriptures. Where such is available, participate in seminary or institute. Familiarize yourself with the missionary handbook Preach My Gospel." I could keep writing, it was so good. Glad to have been their with them.
4 comments:
I'll comment on this one since football's not my thing (although I'm glad your boys had fun there). I'm really happy that your sons are preparing early because missionary work is just going to get harder and harder with the world getting worse and worse all the time. We DO have to really know who we are, and not only that we have to love Him and His Son with all our hearts. I could write a whole talk!!!! I'm so thankful that my grandchildren have such good parents!!!!
that's so neat - I'm so grateful for the Gospel and for all that Heavenly Father provides to help us while we're here!
How inspiring! I'm so glad my boys have your boys to look up to! (Love the sticker!)
I love the sticker idea!
Post a Comment