Friday, June 11, 2010
Overprotective?
I've been reading about the California girl, Abby, who attempted to sail around the world, by herself, to set a world record. As a Mother, I couldn't imagine letting my child do something so outrageous. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it. I read what her Dad had to say about it, and he's so clam about the whole matter. I understand their is potential danger to drive a car, fly, swim, many things, but that just seems insane to be by yourself for that long, with the risks of danger being a lot higher than the list above. I'm glad her family is supportive and I am relieved she is alive and well. I'm happy to report that I know where all my children are and that I'll be the extra lifeguard when we go to the pool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did she arrive home safely? I'm so out of the loop. I cannot imagine a) being a 16 year old on that solo journey and b) allowing my child to take that voyage at any age. Talk about courage, wow!
Post a Comment