This is what we woke up to this morning. Winter Wonderland. They canceled school this morning, so we will have a fun day at home. It's fun to have a snow day, except we have to make up the school day at the end of the year, and that's not ideal. One more day of movies on the last week of school is a complete waste of time. I may have to excuse my kids the day they do that. The teachers are done and so are the students, but they have to do it to get paid.
The ironic thing is that on Monday, I was in Capri's and flip flops having a picnic on the front lawn with Abby, basking in the warmth of the sun. I hate it when I get teased like that. Hopefully this will melt soon, but it sure seems like there is a lot of it.
5 comments:
I just talked to my Mom and then saw your blog post! Too funny - I was boiling on Monday as we were leaving for the airport - all dressed in cold weather clothes! It's SO pretty - I LOVE the sun - but have so missed seeing views like this with SO much beautiful snow!
I can't even imagine weather like that the same day we were out riding bikes in gorgeous weather. I'm sure it won't last too long. Come to St. George if you need to thaw out!!
Yikes!! We were teased, too...but it didn't stick. It's been cold and windy today so we'll see what comes tomorrow! We usually have similar stuff going on, but not this time! Crazy!
I spoke too soon! We woke up to the good ol' white stuff ourselves! We had to dig out the snow boots etc. for Chad for school this morning! School didn't close though! Maybe a trip to St. George would be nice!
It's so hard to believe that we were enjoying the park the day before and our kids were sporting short sleeves. Gotta love Colorado. We do, we love living close to your family again!
Post a Comment