
We were pretty lame this Halloween. A day before, Heather said she didn't really want to be anything, and then decided she would be a Pajama queen. She wanted new pajamas and a tiara is always fun, so that made her happy. Wesley wanted to be a cowboy, which is always a hit and easy. Abby was Tinkerbell, and the morning of her party, she woke up on the wrong side of the bed and didn't want to go to school, let alone be tink. The kids had a snow day the day before, which meant they were all home, all day. It wasn't a relaxing snow day by the fire. They were bouncing off the walls. That made for a bad morning for all.
The ward hosted a trunk or treat and wiped us out of treats, so we went home and didn't turn on the porch light. (So lame, I know). I worked on pictures in the basement and the kids watched a show. I was originally thinking that I should have a party, but was glad we kept it low key after a long, busy day. I had no desire to go around trick or treating. We had plenty of treat from the ward party and the treats have been haunting me ever since.
4 comments:
didn't Halloween used to be the biggest deal ever? I'm not sure when that was... but I know it doesn't seem like it was that long ago I was waking up at the crack of dawn - stressed out about if Derek or Syd would look perfect for the Harvest Party with Mrs. Puckett! How silly in retrospect! This year - the girls had changed their minds a billion times about what they wanted to be - and then one Saturday a couple weeks ago we were all at Target together and they had witch costumes on sale for $7.99! So we were ALL witches - there was even a bonus hat attached to one of the costumes so I got to dress up a bit too! Derek was... an army guy yet again -- he was thinking about being a 'nerd' which would've been hilarious - but "his fatigues will probably only fit for one more year" - talk about NO stressing out for Halloween - I even let him do his own face paint! Hmmm... what's happening to me? First no Chirstmas cards last year and now no stressing for Halloween! Feels pretty great actually! In fact, the kid-dos all agreed it was the best Halloween ever. And all that energy I usually waist on stressing - I got to put into carving pumpkins, roasting seeds, and generally enjoying the season!
CUTE PICTURES - your hair is longer than I've seen it in a while - always so cute you are!
I love that you said the treats have been haunting you ever since! I know the feeling! I had to remind Morgan to not get grumpy when she eats candy. She said, "I won't listen to the madness!" haha, so funny yet so true!
By the way, I love your new background! It fits you :)
Hello there my past roommate of, I don't know, 18ish years ago. Karin gave me your blog address. You have a lovely family.
email: we4boldings@msn.com
Say "hello" to Mark.
Maybe it was in the air this year?? We didn't dress up this year. I just didn't have it in me this year. You kiddos are so cute and SO grown up. Still so crazy to me!!
Post a Comment