Okay, we're decent parents. We know where our kids are on a Friday night. We know their friends. We talk. We have FHE , we Pray.
Or so we thought...We had NO IDEA that Rachel was in FFA. She said she had a state competition for Horticulture last Monday. Come to find out, it was the State FFA competition. She came home with an official FFA jacket, complete with a neckerchief tie. Her school won first place for horticulture, and she won second place for her floral arrangement. She had to identify dozens of plants and flowers and also make an arrangement. She had an awards ceremony that night, but insisted that we not attend. I felt bad because we try not to miss anything. Her friends Mom took pictures, so I will post those if I ever get my hands on them. Never thought we'd have an FFA member in our family. To me that meant goats, cows, and pigs. I love that she knows so much about plants and flowers. Hoping she'll teach me someday.
3 comments:
This is too hilarious!!! I know I was in the dark most of the time as a mom, even though I thought I was TRYING to pay attention. All of these new posts are wonderful--you had a huge week, and still found time for a good talk with your mom. The Marions are amazing.
Too funny!
I think Uncle Jeff was in FFA. He and Rachel will have to swap stories! So cute! She needs to share her wealth of plant knowledge with ALL of us!
Post a Comment