Sunday, May 17, 2009

7 days

We are so excited...we leave a week from today for the Cook Islands and New Zealand for 3 weeks. No, I am not ready to go. I had this idea that I wanted (needed) to clean out all the kids closets and drawers before I could tackle packing. They have outgrown so much and I thought it would make the packing job a lot easier if I had everything thinned out. I did it and now have more hand me downs than anyone could ever want.

This is my hall way full of old clothes.

We are very excited to spend time with Mark's parents and three of his siblings and their families.

We also had Joel's last tournament as a Rockhound (his baseball team he has been on for years) on Saturday. He tried out for the summer High School team the last few days, so now we're on to a new adventure. We will be gone a lot this summer, so he won't be playing too much.

Here is right before the game was over, the sunset was amazing.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so excited (and jealous) for your trip! What an awesome experience for your family. Good luck with the packing - I'm always amazed how well you do when bringing the whole family out to Utah. I hate packing for myself, let alone my two girls! My mother-in-law always packs for trip 2 weeks in advance - she always has everything anyone needs though :). Thinning out clothes is the best feeling! (And Marion hand-me-downs are the best :)) Have an awesome trip!

Liz said...

Kelly said everything I was thinking!!! I hope this week goes very smoothly for you and that you have an AMAZING trip! Love you guys!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

YOu have been busy.

Brigette said...

oh my goodness, trips of a lifetime -- New Zealand is definately on our list, take lots of pictures - I'm so excited for you!