The Stake Relief Society asked my friend Natalie and me to be in charge of a fashion show for the stake enrichment last Saturday. We enlisted the help of our friend Lisa, and asked her to be the MC for the event. After a wonderful morning of talks and classes, we had a yummy lunch, and that's when we had the fashion show. The idea behind it was to find an outfit for $25 to show the ladies you can look cute on a budget. They were able to go out and spend money and also we told them they could use a piece or two from their closet if they needed. A few of them used everything from their closet, so not much fun for them, but it still turned out great. The stake RS Presidency modeled aprons while Lisa read a poem about grandma's apron, so we decided to wear aprons also. Lisa makes aprons and sells them (and gave me one for my birthday)so we decided to wear them also, and hopefully spread the word so maybe she could sell more.
Natalie and I decided one day to go to the thrift store and look for a skirt to wear to the show. We found 4 or 5 to try on, but none fit like we wanted. When we went to go put them back, I looked one more time. I pulled out this white shirt and said, "this is cute". She said, "is that Banana Republic?" Sure enough it was and she had the same one in a light blue. I bought it for $7.99. I love it. It's knee length, but right below, and I love the length. I never had time to show it off during the fashion show, but I was glad to find something cute and such a great price. By the way, all the other skirts I tried on were $4.99 or $5.99, so I felt like I got a little ripped off.
Several years ago they asked Natalie to decorate for this same thing, and I ended up being her assistant. It was fun, but I'm glad it's all over.

Me, Lisa and Natalie- sporting our aprons
3 comments:
You girls look so cute in your aprons -- and you know I'm still impressed by that $8 Banana Republic find! So neat!
I need to start looking at the Thrift stores since we're so out of money!!! You always score the good finds! Cute aprons!!! I'm sure the enrichment was amazing if you and Natalie were in charge!!! :)
You gals did great. It was really fun. I will have to talk to Lisa about an apron they were all so cute! Thanks for all the work you do you are truly an inspiration to me!
Post a Comment