Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthday 4.17.95






Joel had a great day which started out with a cowboy breakfast, at his request. I'm sure the scout camp breakfast was what he was desiring, but I did my best to give him the things he requested. Mark took him to a Philly Cheese Steak restaurant for lunch and I made his favorite, Lasagna, for dinner. It was last Friday, and he just hung out with family, watching movies and a trip to the batting cages with his new bat and first baseman's glove. We are pretty low key around here and especially with our big trip coming up, we are trying to be very conservative.

Joel also was ordained a Teacher on Sunday, so it was a pretty big birthday within the church. He's a WONDERFULyoung man, but if you know him, you already knew that.

4 comments:

Liz said...

He IS a wonderful young man!!!! And a STUD, too! I'm sorry I didn't wish him a happy birthday when you and I talked! I'm a loser!

Kelly said...

Yes, Joel is awesome! Happy Birthday Big Man :)

Brigette said...

Way to BE Joel! I think your mom made a mistake on your cake -- there's no way your already 14...is there? Sweet pictures!

Shannon said...

Great pictures!! Here at the Paul's we think he is pretty great too! I can't believe he is 14!!!