Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pizza Recipe

I hope Kristin doesn't mind, but this is too good not to share...

Thai Chicken Pizza

Peanut Sauce:
1/4 c. creamy peanut butter
2 T. Hoisin sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 T. granulated sugar
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. water
2 tsp. sesame oil (or canola oil)
2 T. soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp. minced onion
1 tsp. minced ginger-root

Mix above ingredients in microwave safe bowl. Pour this mixture into blender and blend for 15 seconds or until mostly smooth. Pour back into bowl and microwave for 1 minute. The peanut sauce should be darker now. At this point, you can add more sesame oil to achieve desired consistency.

Toppings:
1 cup cooked, chopped chicken
1 1/2 c. grated mozzarella
1-2 green onions, sliced (you could also try using thinly sliced red onion instead)
1/4 c. grated carrot
2 tsp. minced cilantro
1 T. chopped peanuts

Spread peanut sauce onto prepared pizza crust. Sprinkle 1 c. mozzarella, onion, chicken, carrots, cilantro, nut, and then the rest of the mozzarella. Bake pizza for 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees, or until edges of crust turn golden brown.


Pizza Crust
1 1/2 c. warm water
1 pkg. yeast (2 1/4 tsp.)
2 tsp. salt
3 T. Oil
31/2 - 4 C. flour, enough to make a stiff dough
2 T. gluten flour (optional, but makes the dough better)

Dissolve yeast in water. Add other ingredients and knead for 8 minutes. I actually don't let the dough rise at all, so pizza night is actually pretty time friendly. I just plop the dough on a cookie sheet on which I've drizzled olive oil and sprinkled corn meal and use my hands to roll it out. Then put your toppings on and bake it up.

4 comments:

Brigette said...

wow - so yummy - I can't wait to try it! Thanks for sharing.

Oh - and like --you don't make everything look super easy too...

Just love ya, Diane!

Brigette said...

also and I keep forgetting this - but our blah-g is now open so you can add it to your "MY BLOG LIST"...

Sarah said...

Sounds delicious! ALways looking for new recipes, thanks for sharing!

terrahall said...

I'm using your crust recipe. We are going to make heart pizza's tonight for V-day. I say you had a post for the recipe and decided it would be easier then pulling mine out. Which are still not in my binder. Aaugh. I need to set another day specifically to work on it so I can get it done.
I would also love to look at your sport cartridge some time.
Anyway I better get started on pizza's and quit being lazy.
By the way Jake played great today.
Terra