Monday, June 2, 2008
Tennis Moment
I wanted to write a quick entry about a wonderful afternoon I had with Rachel. On Saturday, we signed up for the friends and family cancer tennis tournament. This is the first time we have really ever played together, and it was one of the most fun times I have ever had playing tennis. Their were 4 other pairs, and we played all of those teams. We played for four hours and were hot and tired by the end. The first match we played, we lost 1-12. During that time, I thought to myself, I don't really care if we win, I'm having fun playing with my daughter. Of course I was playing to win, but that wasn't what was important to me at that moment. When we were done with that match the lady in charge asked if we won, and then when I told her the score, she was floored. She thought we had won because we were playing some good tennis. We played no add scoring, and we lost every duce we had. Sometimes the score doesn't reflect how you played,(and that's OK). I also was so impressed with the way Rachel played. She was way better than me, and WOW did she play well. We ended up loosing the next one by not much (to a 4.0 player & a Varsity girl on Rachel's team) and then winning the last two matches. We didn't get any pictures, which I was sad about, but I will always remember our first tournament together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a great post - you got to play tennis with your daughter! That is so neat...
I love that you played with Rachel. I love seeing parents and their kids playing and doing things together. I can't wait to play with Reid. He is already so good!!
So sweet!!! I'm happy for you to have such a neat memory! Hopefully this makes up for the grumpy lady you played a while ago who was so RUDE after your match! Love you!
How fun!! I can't wait until my girls are old enough to play tennis with. Good memory.
Hi Diane. I don't know if you remember me, but we were in your ward several years ago (also, I worked with Mark at *tek). I have been blog trolling and found yours. You all sound great. I also saw that Dana started a blog but has not moved forward with it yet. I left her a note, but would you send her my email? gail_jason@yahoo.com - I would love to catch up with her. Thank you. Glad to see things are going so well. Loved the tennis duo post. Please tell Mark hello for me also. Ciao.
Gail Henricksen
Post a Comment