Monday, March 31, 2008

Heather's first piano recital

Heather started piano at the end of last year. She's done an amazing job and we are excited about her progress. She played two songs at her recital. "I'll seek the Lord early" was a duet with her teacher and the second piece was the one she had to memorize. She does a great job practicing every day, without being asked.

Rachel is in the choir at school and had her spring concert last week. I recorded it, but I know she would be mad if she knew I posted it. Her choir is all girls that you have to try out for. They are going tomorrow (May 1st) to a competition to Denver. She was persuaded to audition at the beginning of the year and had already signed up for wood shop for the first semester, so took that class. Then the choir teacher kept asking her when she was going to switch classes, so in January she made the move. I think she really likes it. She is a little scared because he makes them randomly do solos, and she has no desire to do that. I think it's good to be so well rounded, and Rachel does a good job with being involved in a lot of things.

I know this sounds like a Christmas letter, which I don't typically do, so it's OK to do it now and then. Joel had his first track meet last week. He ran the high hurdles on the varsity team and came in 3rd place. I was excited for his first time ever running track. Those hurdles are half is size, but he sure loves the challenge.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Cute Heather!!!! You did a wonderful job! Chad and Kyle and Aunt Liz loved listening to you perform!

blunckfamily said...

That was awesome, Heather--you play better than Grandma. And I love the bowing!! Very very good!!