Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sweet President Hinckley



I, like most of you, am sad tonight after hearing about the passing of our dear Prophet. Mark asked me to say family prayer tonight and I didn't think anything of it. Then as I started to talk about President Hinckley, I couldn't speak. I was so overwhelmed by the impact he had on my life and the life of my family. He became the Prophet the year Joel was born, so he's all my kids remember. I feel like my own Grandfather died, he's that special to me. I know he is so happy with his sweet Marjorie right now, but we will all terribly miss him and his sweetness and goodness. He always made me laugh and feel so good inside. We love President Hinckley and it will be wonderful with President Monson, as we love him too.

2 comments:

blunckfamily said...

My sweet Diane--You expressed just how we are feeling. President Hinckley always reminded me of Grandpa Bell--or maybe vice-versa. I was explaining to one of our members how orderly it is when one prophet passes on and a new one has already been chosen--it's a great blessing to know that the Lord is in charge of His church and that we will always have a good man ready to keep us moving on. President Monson is very special to the Marion family. Our Elders just from the MTC were saying "Maybe the new apostle will be Pres. Marion!" xoxoxoxoxo

Brigette said...

Diane -- you are so sweet. - Brigette