Friday, March 16, 2012

When is enough, enough?

Wesley {who is 9} shares a bedroom with Jake, but Jake's clothes are in Joel's room. This means Wes Jones has a whole closet to himself, as well as 8 {eight},{ocho}drawers, all to himself. They are all FULL. He has older brothers and a sweet older friend who all give Wes their hand me downs. He has so many options, and yet he wears the same five shirts and shorts everyday. He had 6-8 NEW pairs of jeans {I love jeans} and he's probably only worn one pair-once this year. I hope I've learned my lesson. {Don't buy jeans!} So I went thru his T-shirts the other day and counted 87 T-shirts. This wasn't counting the ones in the washer, the dryer, and the bathroom floor! Most he's never worn, and will likely never wear. I was holding on to them, for someday he would wear a handsome button down shirt, with a pair of jeans. {He did for our family picture last year, and that's all I could ask for!} I have 3 empty drawers now {still one with PJ's, one with socks & boxer/briefs and one with swim suits} and no more busting out the tops. I went shopping today and unfortunately Wesley didn't get a thing. If he complains, I'll go dig out a cute shirt from the black sack in the basement! Now onto the other rooms!

4 comments:

Jeanette Millward said...

Ha! Sounds like my boys... only wearing their favorite shirts/jeans, but somehow their floor/bathroom/laundry is always covered with... you guessed it... shirts.

Ryan Cox said...

This is motivation. I love that you counted the shirts. Tyler gets hand-me-downs from her cute Aunt, bless her heart. Tyler has more clothes than she knows what to do with but only wears the same 5 shirts. It always gives you some perspective when you actually count. Thanks for sharing!

Karin Webb said...

It must be a youngest boy thing. Dallin has SO many shirts in his closet. He could go weeks without wearing the same thing twice, yet I'm always washing the same shirts over and over. I think I should finally clean them out and count them too!

blunckfamily said...

When you think about it I think most of us do the same things ourselves. You wear your favorites, and then finally get rid of things you NEVER wear, and then the day comes that you wish you had them back. Hugh Nibley doesn't think we'll be in heaven standing around in white jammies---but, personally I think it's a good idea.