Sunday, April 17, 2011

SIXTEEN

Today our sweet Joel turned 16!! WOW

16= drivers license, dating, being ordained a priest. What a fun birthday. He said it felt like a Sunday, but was very gracious and kind with all of the spoiling. He gets his license on Tuesday morning. We had cinnamon rolls, bacon and eggs to start the day off. Then his favorite, Lasagna for dinner. Wesley suggested cordon bleu for lunch ( which I thought was hilarious),but we typically don't have a real lunch on Sunday's. Joel got a new (much needed) suit and I have to tell the world that I hemmed my first pair of pants and they turned out like my mom did them...perfect. Boohyah!!

He was sustained in Sacrament meeting and then ordained after church. We were lucky to have Rex and Max join and his YM leader, the Bishop and his son, who is the first assistant. Joel is such a sweet boy, I can't even explain in words what a great kid he is. Here are a few pictures to document the special day. He's put two stickers on the truck and is anticipating it being his mode of transportation. I'm fearful that he'll take out half the cars in the high school parking lot with it, but I keep reminding myself that he is a good driver.

This looks blurry on my computer, but if you click on it, it's fine?!

6 comments:

blunckfamily said...

So happy it was a great day for this great young man!!! Fabulous family picture too! Four more Sundays and we can have him drive us to Sacrament Meeting----have your Bishop assign him to bless the Sacrament that day! Did you cuff the pants???????

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Happy Birthday Joel! You are awesome. I still remember how you stole Ariel's heart in New Zealand. Good times. Wish we could see more of you.

Ryan Cox said...

Happy Birthday Joel! :) What a fun celebration and congratulations on being ordained a priest.

Kelly said...

Joel stole Eva's heart too :) He is really such an impressive kid. I bragged about him to my Laurels today. Happy Birthday Joel!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Big Man!!! So handsome in the new suit! What a stud to post the For The Strength of Youth guidelines on facebook!!! We are so impressed! He has stolen Alison's heart, too! She is CONSTANTLY talking about Joel and Jake! We can't wait to come see you all next month!

Karin Webb said...

Wow, what a great kid and a great family! I, like Liz, was also impressed by his strength of youth posting on facebook. Happy B-Day Big Man!!