Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stop! Jimmertime

I know my title is silly, but that's what I came up with. What do you expect from an 80's child?

We were lucky enough to go down to the BYU vs. Air Force game last night as a family. As my sister so eloquently put it..." Is it patriotic of BYU to waste the US Air Force like that?" In the newspaper today it said that Jimmer said he thought roughly half of the 6,028 in attendance were cheering for him and his Cougars. "There were a lot of fans, and I didn't realize there were going to be that many. There was a great crowd for both teams, and it was a lot of fun". Yea, we were a part of that!

My children are crazy poster makers & Crazy B Ball fans. They have spend much time coming up with and making posters. Rachel came up with the Fredette one, which I thought was genius. We sing Peanut butter, JIMMER time like it's football season and Peanut Butter Jelly time. It's been fun. We have 15 (nose bleed) tickets to the CSU game in Provo (2/23), if anyone is looking for (free)tickets(my UT family and friends).

We had seats on the back row, but it was PERFECT. We were able to have the posters up whenever we wanted and not worry about the people behind us. It was a pretty small arena, so we weren't that far away. Luckily, most around us were BYU fans, so that was nice.

The big kids made it to Seminary this morning, and then I let Joel come home and sleep for awhile. Rachel was off to Denver for Horticulture. We made it home around 12:30, after waiting about 30 minutes for the team to come out. It was like 5 degrees, so Mark took Abby and Jake to the car and the rest of us waited. Rachel left for the car before they all came out. Heather and Wes really wanted to meet J, and they were fortunate enough to. It was worth waiting in the COLD.





We also had a poster that said, "We're not"

6 comments:

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Sweet! Nice photos with the Jimmer. Keep it up and soon he will know you all by name.

Karin Webb said...

So does he recognize Joel everytime he gets his picture taken? That is so awesome! I wish we were there with you. Go Jimmer!!

blunckfamily said...

My question is the same as Karin's?? Dad is loving all this!! What fun.

Unknown said...

OK...so I actually stole that "Is is patriotic" line from the 10 o clock news last night...gotta be honest. How cool to be there!
Funny- I was thinking like Karin when I saw the photos..is Jimmer like "Oh it's that big Mormon family from Colorado again"? :)
Glad you're making some awesome memories!!

Unknown said...

psss...It's Krissy-P. (Really?) I didn't realize I am logged on under Michael's gmail. He so didn't write that last comment.

Kelly said...

I don't follow BYU B-ball (or any sport for that matter :) but I can't get the name Jimmer Fredette out of my head these days thanks to you Marions! And I'm cool with it. What a fun time for your family. I'm guessing he's really fun to watch. And clever posters!