Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Stockings were hung by the CHIMNEY with care

Every year we put the stockings in the hall upstairs for Santa to fill. This way when the kids wake up, they have something fun to keep them occupied until the sleepy parents awake. Heather had the idea to make a fireplace out of paper and hang the stockings upstairs. She drew out her plan, and with the help of Joel, we had a fireplace in the hall. The removable hooks worked great and the stocking weren't on the floor. I personally don't mind them on the ground, but I suppose most of the kids don't remember when we had them hung on the fireplace. And you wonder where Dad and Mom's stockings are? Well the hooks came in a 6 pack and I wasn't going to spend another 8 bucks to hang mine up.


3 comments:

Jeanette Millward said...

Too cute! What a great idea to have them upstairs.

Karin Webb said...

I love when kids do creative, fun things like that. And you DO have a real fireplace, this is something we should make since we don't have one! Glad you had a great Christmas- Lylas!

Ryan Cox said...

haha, those hooks are expensive! That's too funny. Love hearing about all of your traditions. I'm beginning to realize how important they are, especially for the kids.