Tuesday, August 31, 2010

pure laundry



My dear friend Natalie started experimenting with making her own laundry soap a month ago. After a load, her husband said, "You need to bottle that"! I have been using it as well, and LOVE it! It's so yummy, made with essential oils and all natural ingredients. With no added fillers, you only need the smallest amount each load.(Do I sound like a infomercial?) We made citrus, lavender, and peppermint. We got together and made that adorable sign and got to work making soap and cute tags to put on the bags. Our kids helped mix and bag too! They loved helping. (My sister Kelly helped with the bird for our tags.) Thanks Kelly! Natalie had been to a cute outdoor market in Denver and looked into selling it there, and guess what we did last Saturday? You got it, had a great day at this fun market. We had a great time visiting with people, selling soap and answering their questions. We have a blog...purelaundry.blogspot.com. It's still in the works, but one day we'll get to it. Very fun to help and be a part of.

7 comments:

blunckfamily said...

Mom says: Way cute and very classy!!! I'll be a customer as soon as I get home.

Kelly said...

Everything turned out so cute! I love your sign, love your tags, love that you tied ribbon in colors to match the scents, love everything! I'm so glad you posted pictures.

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

That is awesome! Way cute sign.

Jeanette Millward said...

Very, very cute! I would use that laundry soap! I love the banner and the packaging.

If you still need help w/ linking a site: just highlight the text you want to have linked, click on LINK and enter the url of the site. If she has a button for her blog then that is just added as a gadget using the html code.

I hope she has great success with her biz!

Karin Webb said...

I have been out of the loop apparently- I've never even heard of this. How fun! How many loads does that one package do?

Oh, and I'm glad Jeanette gave that tutorial on how to link- I've always wondered!!

Liz said...

Love it!!!! So cute, like everyone else has said! Good for you ladies!

Diane said...

Karin,
Since you have a front loader, it will do up to 32 loads. A top loader will do 16. 1/8 cup for top loading, 1/16 for front loaders. I use closer to 1/8 for my front loading, but should be using less? I will start using less and let you know. I'm just generous by nature!