Sunday, July 25, 2010

7.24.2010



 
Posted by Picasa

I have so many wonderful people in my life. For my birthday,my sweet friend Angie took me to lunch at my favorite Mex restaurant. By the way, I could never get sick of Mexican food. Love it! (ask my Mom, I've been this way forever) Then my friend Jenny called and said she was bringing over dinner and cake for my family. She brought over chicken burritos complete with tomatillo ranch dressing and an amazing chocolate cake. Then my sweet friend Natalie had her 18 year old son, Max, make me a cake while they were on their way from youth conference and brought it over shortly after they got home from traveling 5 hours home. It's my favorite massive chocolate cake from scratch infused with Hershey's syrup when it's still warm. Heavenly!! So when Mark and the two oldest got home from youth conference at 7 pm, their was dinner waiting for them, plus two amazing cakes! Who's birthday was it anyway? We were all spoiled. The cakes are about gone. I think that's what the kids had for lunch when they got home from church. Nothing wrong with that(: As long as they saved some for me! My sister MaryAnn made Rachel, Kelly and myself the chocolate mousse cake when we were all in St. George a few weeks ago to celebrate all our birthday's. It's been scrumdiddleumptious!

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Diane!!

maher fam said...

Happy Belated Birthday Di Di!! Glad you had such a good day & such great food! It was so good to see you guys this month! Love ya!!

Liz said...

Lucky girl!!! We'll have to make another chocolate cake while I'm out there this weekend!!! Happy Birthday to you!!!

Kelly said...

What awesome friends! I'm pretty sure you have such great friends because you're so great yourself ;)

Karin Webb said...

Sorry I'm so late in the birthday wishes, everyday I keep telling myself I'm going to call you but then I get distracted with something! Glad you had a fun day. Have fun eating all that cake. It's making me hungry... Good luck with Wes' baptism weekend, sorry we can't be there :(

Jackie said...

Diane,
Happy Birthday! This is Jackie Shifflet (James). I saw Mark yesterday as I was in the Glenmere Ward when my brother-in-law was being set apart in the bishopric. Anyway, I also saw Mike Morgan. I was only able to talk to him briefly. I was hoping that maybe you might have an email address for Natalie. If you could email me her address I would really love to catch up with her and with you. I am now living in Castle Rock and would love to get together with the two of you if you are ever down near Park Meadows. My email address is j_shifflet@yahoo.com. Thanks so much. Glad you had a great birthday. You still look like you did when I knew you back in Greeley when Rachel was just little. I can't believe how grown-up all your kids are! Looking forward to hearing from you!
Jackie

Shannon said...

Happy Happy birthday! Looks like a great day.
The Pauls

Jeanette Millward said...

Happy Birthday Diane! July is a busy month for your family too! You have some amazing friends.