Saturday, April 17, 2010

Birthday boy 4.17.10

Today is Joel's 15th Birthday. He will get his drivers permit on Monday since the DMV is closed on Saturday. He really wanted Oakley Sunglasses for his birthday. I wrapped them in a big cricut box. When he unwrapped it and saw what the box said, he was a little shocked. I told him I got him his own cricut machine since he likes mine. He then opened the box and found another smaller box wrapped up, and low and behold the cool sunglasses. He has a baseball game today, so it will be a perfect day to show them off.

He was very grateful and I don't think he really thought he'd get them.

5 comments:

Liz said...

If I've said it once, I'll say it again...WHAT A STUD!!!! Joel is so handsome and talented and AWESOME!!! Happy Birthday big man!!! We love you!!!

Kelly said...

We love Joel! That is so funny about the Cricut box - he probably would've been sweet about it had you really gotten him one. He's such a great kid - but not really a kid anymore!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Happy Birthday Joel! I did not remember that we shared your birthday with our anniversary. Super cool!

Karin Webb said...

Happy Birthday BIG MAN! I saw that it was written in on Whitney's calendar that it was Joel's b-day since my family one is packed in a box somewhere. Nice stylin' sunglasses- what a great kid!!

Kristina said...

Happy Late Birthday Big! I always have good intentions to write, call or skype on birthdays...and you are always so great, Di. Hope Joel had a great day. It seems like it was only a couple of years ago when he was 1 and loved his "Tuggy". Hope my boys follow in his great footsteps!