Sunday, March 21, 2010

Grand Junction

This weekend Rachel's tennis team had a tournament in Grand Junction, Colorado. Heather, Wesley, Abby and I drove over to go watch. The kids were so excited to go sleep in a hotel and we're so good to spend a few days in the cold and wind to watch their big sister. Back home Dad and the boys had snow and all the baseball games that they stayed home for were canceled. They were sweet to clean their room and the house looked so clean when we got home.

Back to tennis...last week for a regular tennis match, Rachel was moved to #2 doubles (long story, a girl quit the team. I won't go into details to spare you). Rachel was paired with Carmen. We love Carmen. She's a no-nonsense , down to earth, fun, sweet young lady. Her Mom joined the church only a few short years ago and is amazing. They won that day and so the coach thought they were a good pair and they were partners at the Tournament. They won all their matches Friday and then Saturday morning won the semi-finals. So we moved parks and went to where all the finals were. They WON the finals and the tournament, 6-4, 6-4. Their team also won the entire tournament by one point. They had two singles win and two doubles teams win. SUCH A FUN DAY! We are so proud of Rachel and Carmen. They did well together and made a great team. The coaches said they did great, but have a lot of work ahead to do well at State. It's really a blessing that Rachel is playing #2 with Carmen. She has worked really hard, and her hard work has paid off. I also feel she is blessed for her dedication to Seminary and her church callings as well as school. Rachel really is a sweet girl, who amazes me.

8 comments:

Karin Webb said...

Yay Rachel! She must get it from her mother :D

blunckfamily said...

That's what I was going to say. I'm amazed at my own children, and super amazed with my grandchildren!

Lisa and Mike Marion said...

Way to go Rachel!! You are such an awesome girl for so many reasons.

Liz said...

Kyle says: "I wish I could play tennis when I'm little!" He loved seeing Rachel's pictures and thought it was cool that she has a medal! We ALL love Rachel and are so proud of her!!! She is such an awesome example for all of the grandkids and Aunts and Uncles! :)

Shannon said...

Rachel is awesome, we are so glad to have gotten to know her better. Congrats Rachel!

Brigette said...

Way to go Rachel -- you're amazing - I love your competive spirit - AND your 'good' sportsmanship - so great to see you guys yesterday!

Ryan Cox said...

Way to go Rachel! She is such a good example. xoxo

Ryan Cox said...

Way to go Rachel! She is such a good example. xoxo