Saturday, March 28, 2009

Grand Junction

Rachel was invited to go to Grand Junction with the Varsity Tennis team for a tournament. The coach really wanted her to play, but they were full. She wanted her to go be her side kick and experience it. There would be a chance she could play if someone didn't show up, got sick or was hurt. We went assuming she wouldn't play, but was glad she could still practice and be with the Varsity team. Well, Friday morning I was planning on going for the day to watch the team and be with Rachel. That morning she texted me and said that she would be playing in the consolation bracket #1 singles, for another school who's girl didn't show. Of course I was still in Beaver Creek, so I hurried and left, hoping she wouldn't go on until I got there (2 hours away). I made it about half way through. She lost, but was doing great, considering she was playing the school's number one player. We stayed the rest of the day and watched her team play. She was scheduled to play the next morning, so the 3 little kids and I got a hotel and stayed to watch her the next morning. She played at 8 am and WON. They played a pro set, which was the first to 10 games. She won, 11-9, having to win by 2. It was so fun to watch and she was on fire. She played extremely well and I was so proud of her. I was just glad she got to play and experience the tournament and then to win, was amazing. Since she won, she was to go right back and play another game. She lost that one, but again played very well and had some great rallies and points. We then grabbed her some lunch, and then we left to go back and clean up and grab our stuff from the mountains. What a long day, but very worth it.


2 comments:

Liz said...

Yeah for Rachel! She's so awesome! What a great experience!!!

Shannon said...

Very cool. I love that your kids are involved in EVERYTHING!