Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Coolest class ever


Rachel signed up for horticulture this year. Now why didn't they have that class at my high school? I know I could take a college course or join a garden club, but when? She has the class and then lab where they plant, weed (they actually go to people's houses and do their yard work-not free.) I need to remind the teacher that I would volunteer my house in a heartbeat if they need to "practice" somewhere. It's amazing how much she has learned. She also has a notebook full of clipping of all different trees, bushes, and flowers. I hope she can help me out in our yard this next spring and give me some tips.

Rachel came home today with this beautiful centerpiece that she made. So excited that she can make floral arrangements too. What a fun surprise when I walked in the door.

2 comments:

Brigette said...

that's awesome - such an important class, yeah we really missed out - it's neat everything you can take a class in nowadays!

Jeanette Millward said...

Diane, I love your recent posts (I'm finally catching up with everyone after the holidays). It's great that the Puriri's joined you for Thanksgiving. I also loved the pics of all the ornaments, etc. That will be so fun for your kids to look back on in years to come.