Friday, November 7, 2008

Court of Honor

Joel and part of his "troop"

Jake "pinning" his Mom. I have a nice collection on my scout neckerchief (:


At the last Court of Honor, Jake received his "scout" badge and Joel the "Life" scout. For those of who who don't know (I just learned this myself, and will continue to be confused about scouts and the rankings) that now the next ranking Joel will get will be his "Eagle". He has worked hard, with the help of his Dad, to get to this point. So, if all goes as planned, in six months, he will be an Eagle scout. Pretty cool to get it done before high school. I guess it all goes back to the time I was his cub scout den leader. He wouldn't be where he is today without his amazing Den Mom. HaHa, I take no credit for this, he has an amazing Dad who has done it all. Hopefully sometime next year I'll blog his Eagle Court of honor.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

So cute! I also love that Abby is up there with you :) I too am confused about the scouting ranks but I guess, so far, I don't have to worry about it!

Logan and Ashley said...

That is awesome. Being in cub scouts makes me proud to see these young men continuing on through cub scouts to boy scouts!
I still don't get the rankings myself... it seems it will always be a mystery.

Brad & Kim said...

Hi Diane and family! This is your cousin Kim. Been a while. I love you blog. Looks beautiful. Your family is beautiful. Six kids?! Where has the time gone? It's good to see you again. We gotta plan a reunion so we can see everyone in person again.

Liz said...

Good job boys!!! What good examples for Wes Jones and for my boys, too! I had to sit through a stake training on scouting and I had NO CLUE what they were talking about. Our president couldn't be there and I tried to take notes for her, but I didn't even know what I was writing down. Someday I'll learn!

Jeanette Millward said...

Congrats! I know...the whole scouting world is a little complicated for me. Lots to learn with three boys! It looks like your baby will soon be as tall as you! That will be weird, huh?

The Lowe Family said...

We'd love to send your family a Christmas card. What's your address? Hope all is well!
Mike and Kristin Lowe