Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rachel's night

Sweet Rachel received her Young Woman Recognition Award tonight. We had a lovely evening with an overview of the program and a song by the young women. Her Mia Maid leader gave some remarks. I also said a few words and Mark, as her bishop, presented the award. We also had a slide show of pictures of her since she was little. It was so sweet and made me realize how fast she's grown up. She invited several non-members and 4 came. Rachel had made invitations and so random ward members came as well. I had made rice krispie treats (one of my specialties)and brownies along with a few of her favorite Halloween treats. At the end the YW President asked her if she wanted to say a few remarks, and so she did. It was sweet. She basically spoke to the YW in the ward and encouraged them to work towards receiving their awards also. She is by far the most mature one in the group, and a great example.







Mom, Rachel & my dear friend Evie





Her Mia Maid teacher -Sister Lohnes








Rachel, Angie & Lauren (her school friends)

6 comments:

Liz said...

Congratulations Rachel!!!! I'm so proud of you! Look how grown up you are! Such a wonderful example for all of your cousins!! Way to go!

Tanalyn said...

What a great accomplishment and great example for the other girls, members and nonmembers.Good job!

Brigette said...

way to go Rachel - you're such a stud!

Shannon said...

Yeah for Rachel. I wish all our YW were so motivated. Having great parents definitely helps the girls$. ((I didn't know Mark was bishop. How crazy your life must be!)

Kelly said...

How cool! I can't believe she got it so young - well actually I can believe it - she's awesome! I'm sad to say I never got mine because I never completed the paperwork for it - lame. At least my girls will have their cousin as an example!

blunckfamily said...

...and their grandma. I got mine too. Rachel looks so polished--I love how she dresses up so classily! We're very proud of this little birdie.